Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Promiscious Textbook

My owner, Mike Hawk, was an untidy, disorganized, non-eccentric man who always left his bag unzipped. My previous owners would always keep me in their bags and only take me out when their professors needed me. But Mike, he was different. He would always leave his bag open so that I could breathe the fresh air and explore the world as he traveled even though the world’s information was written on my pages. He gave me a new outlook on life and made me feel like the only thing in his life. He would read me first thing in the morning, during the day in the library, and even late at night where we’d be all alone together. We spent countless of hours together and all we needed was each other. He would gain vast knowledge about the world from me and I would gain pleasure from his finger tips on the back of my spine which would make my pages curl. He would hold me nonchalantly but with enough firmness that it felt like he would never let me go.
Then one day, everything went wrong. I accidentally gave him a paper cut and he beat me like never before. This was much more worse than what we did during role play. His eyes were filled with fire as he threw me against the wall, I never felt so much pain in my life. I wished I was back in my previous owners dark and lonely bags, at least there I was safe. I thought this nightmare would never end as he kicked me around his room. He shrieked at me, "Advanced Functions 12 I CANT STAND YOU" and threw me off of his balcony. I was left there all alone, cold and abandoned but after everything I had done with him I was ashamed of myself. If only I could go back and take back what I did but I realized that I was left to go nowhere but forward. Ill cherish the memories I had with Mike Hawk, of all the late nights, early mornings and sometimes in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment